The people have asked and we here at Mobius Strip Technologies have answered. The first RGB board made specifically for the Philips CD-i 400 and 500 series. This board is a completely custom circuit designed in house. It offers a proper 0.7Vpp RGB signal, 0.35Vpp 75ohm combined sync (CSYNC) signal, and a TTL CSYNC signal. Sync signals are built from the H-Sync and V-Sync signals directly from the video encoder to ensure proper timing. This sync signal is 100% compatible with the OSSC, as well as Sony PVM’s. DIY Installation documentation is available from our Tutorials section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose this board over the “PC Engine amp-based” modification found online?
- Sync signal is not using Composite Video which can cause noise and failure to sync on some devices.
- RGB levels are a proper 0.7Vpp versus >1.0Vpp signals seen on the “PC Engine amp-based” modification
- RGB and 75ohm CSync signals are 100% safe for use with the OSSC and consumer grade devices. No risk of damage due to over-voltage.
- Built-in RGB Enable pad. No more soldering in a pull-up resistor.
- Accurate color reproduction matching OEM output.
I don’t have a 400/500 series, will this still work?
- Compatible with all Philips CD-i consoles with a BT9106, BT9107, or BT9108 encoder.
- A list of models known to contain this encoder is as follows:
- 450 (Tested Working)
- 470 (Tested Working)
- 550 (Tested Working)
- TV: 21TCDI30
- DVS VE-200
- Yes. This board can be made to work with these cables.
- Simply remove and bridge the 75ohm resistors and 220uf capacitors on RGB lines. And use the TTL CSync pad for sync.
Can I use this on a PAL CD-i?
- Absolutely. This board is compatible with both PAL and NTSC CD-i units.
- Please note this board does not modify refresh rates, enable switching refresh rates, or convert from 50hz to 60hz or vice versa.
How do I install this?
- Please see here.